Foundation Scotland and Baillie Gifford have been working together for over ten years. Over the last decade Baillie Gifford has been the largest contributor to Foundation Scotland’s Express Grants programme. Following a review of their charitable giving Baillie Gifford has decided to launch a stand-alone grants programme aimed at supporting grass roots community organisations across the whole of Scotland.
Making A Difference
The programme will consider grants of up to £2K which fit at least one of the following priorities:
- Children and families
- Physically disabled
- Grass Roots Sports
Before you proceed, please ensure that you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Have you provided a copy of your constitution or other governing document alongside your application?
- Do you have at least three members on your management committee or board?
- Do you have independently examined and verified annual accounts or a projection of income and expenditure? (a projection is only appropriate if you are in your first year of operation)
- Is your income less than £250,000 in your most recent annual accounts?
- Do you have a bank account in the name of your group?
- Do you have at least two unrelated cheque signatories required to sign your group’s cheques
- Do you have a child and vulnerable adult policy? (If you work/intend to work with vulnerable adults/children you will need to provide this with your application.)
The fund will not support applications from/for:
- Organisations with an annual income of more than £250,000
- Statutory organisations
- Work in schools, during school/lesson hours
- Grant requests for less than 25% (one quarter) of the project costs
- Costs already incurred or activities which will take place before we have made a decision on funding (retrospective funding)
- Trips abroad
- The purchase of second hand vehicles
- General fundraising appeals or activities
- Projects which are mainly for the advancement of religion or politics
- Projects which do not benefit people in Scotland
- Projects which are currently in receipt of an Express Grant ( you will need to wait for eight months from the date your grant is approved prior to re-applying)
In 2019 there will be five rounds, the deadlines for receiving completed application forms and supporting documentation by 4pm on the following dates:
|Deadline||Project start date|
|21 January 2019||on or after 18 March 2019|
|4 March 2019||on or after 13 May 2019|
|3 June 2019||on or after 12 August 2019|
|2nd September 2019||on or after 11 November 2019|
|2nd December 2019||on or after 10 February 2020|
More info & how to apply here.